Thursday, August 13, 2009

In the beginning...

Quinn and I are jumping onto the Blog train. We will do our best to share our plans, recipes, and thoughts in this space so that we can all be somewhat connected. Comments are most welcome!

This summer in review:
-I leave Belgium, spend a week in Rome, return to Belgium, fly to Los Angeles.
-Quinn is at LAX with a Ford Focus full of gas and a cooler full of caffeine, and we drive straight to Kansas City.
-22 hours later, we join some of our favorite Loyola friends to help Elliot and Audrey get married. We also get to spend time with my siblings Jessie and James before they begin their adventure in Singapore (http://www.morganandowens.blogspot.com).
-South to Monroe where I spend two weeks catching up with family and friends, and finding a new wardrobe - Thanks Mom! Quinn races on to New Orleans to see Tara.
-New Orleans is a hurricane of love and food and engagement photos (http://rockthediamond.wordpress.com/2009/08/08/quinn-and-andy-engagement-session/) (also erayphoto.com)
-Cross-Texas to Tucson to see Katie, Nick, and Emma. The most chilled-out people ever. The car is not stolen.
-Los Angeles now for a week or so. I have read a few books (Diamond Age and One Hundred Years of Solitude, one of which was exciting), and Quinn is giving her Visa and loan applications a second helping of stress. Also helping celebrate Reilly moving away with great food.

We have tickets to London on September 8. Quinn is fighting to have her Visa by that date, but please cross your fingers for us. We smile and look at apartments online a lot, but no firm dates. I am still corresponding with churchy people there to set up dates and meetings and such, but no apparent opportunities.

I hope that posts will typically be shorter and more playful than this, now that the groundwork is laid. We are excited to share some of our cool stuff!

-Andy (Quinn sitting next to me, but more focused on cute pictures)

2 comments:

  1. Whoop! Looking forward to hearing of the new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're both (Q&A and J&J) doing this! Such good writing and exciting material. I will try to set up an account so I can get updates. (Msn/hotmail is not on the list of approved email partners - enemy of google.) I feel so happy to be descibed as you did above, we sounded cool. :)

    ReplyDelete