Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pretty times, Southampton

(Andy has made it to New Orleans safely and he will update later.)

So, if you ever get it in your head that moving to England sounds like a brilliant idea, do it in the late summer. Similar to New Orleans in the spring, the weather right now is so beautiful you can fool your self into believing that it won’t ever be terrible. Also, if you make up your mind to move here, don’t think that just because the British have technically been doing anything longer than America that they are better at it. Cause all of that’s a load of crap and will leave to fuming in all sorts of lines for hours.

I arrived on time in London Heathrow after a rather uneventful flight. It was early afternoon and everything was just peachy…until I saw the lines. Several hundred people lined up like at Disneyland but with out all the joy, candy-smell, and fresh air. I queued up in the “first year” student line only to find out I don’t have a piece of information about myself that they want my to have in hand. One is my medical record lost by my GP in a medical computer glitch. Needless to say, I had a minor panic attack. No worries though, the border patrol are the most racist people on the planet, and I happen to be the only white person in my line. A glance at my passport, a stamp on my visa, and a perfunctory “have a nice stay” later, and I am racing to get my bazillion bags and meet up with Raj, my AWESOME hired cab man.

After two trips to Southampton where I got absolutely nothing accomplished I decided to suck it up and accept that the universe thought my life needed a bit more dorm in it. I will be residing in a single bedroom with a sink. Woo!

With accommodations, and therefore public transport, out of the way, I am left with nothing to do there until I can move it. I have been hanging out in London getting my fill of home life.

I will hopefully have more to tell everyone once I move in and classes actually start. Wish me luck….



1 comment:

  1. yeaahhh!! its eray. i found your blog! love it! phew now I can know where my little Q and A are :)
    Andy you back in the big NO? we'll have to grab a beer on magazine!
    Quinn! you made it!!
    i miss you both!

    ReplyDelete